Sometimes I wonder why everyone thinks the government should have to provide all of the assistance to the needy in our nation. Whatever happened to the Church handling this? We do not need more government…we need more Godly people to step up to the plate and be the salt and light within the communities in which we live.
Books I am currently reading (Just in Case You Wondered What Things Shape My Thinking):
- The Kingdom, Power, & Glory – The Overcomer’s Handbook (Chuck and Nancy Missler)
- This book challenges Christians to become “overcomers” by laying before them the magnificent future that will be inherited by the faithful and obedient. Does our behavior as Christians matter once we are assured of our salvation? Being “born again” is just the beginning of an intimate relationship with God. This book will change the way you live your day to day life and give you a “heavenly” perspective.
- Shadow Government – How the Secret Global Elite Is Using Surveillance Against You (Grant R. Jeffrey)
- Security cameras, surveillance of your financial transactions, radio frequency spy chips hidden in consumer products, tracking of your Internet searches, and eavesdropping on your e-mail and phone calls. Without your knowledge or consent, every aspect of your life is observed and recorded. But who is watching the watchers? In Shadow Government, Grant Jeffrey removes the screen that, up to now, has hidden the work of these diabolical agents. Jeffrey reveals the biblical description of Satan’s global conquest and identifies the tools of technology that the Antichrist will use to rule the world.
- Fasting – Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship with God (Jentezen Franklin)
- When you fast, your spirit becomes uncluttered by the things of this world and amazingly sensitive to the things of God. Once you’ve experienced even a glimpse of this and the countless rewards and blessings that follow, it changes your entire perspective. This is one of the best and most comprehensive books available on the topic. Discover how to unlock the power of biblical fasting, including:
- The types of fasts described in the Bible and how to choose which is right for you
- The connection between fasting and prayer
- The essential components of a successful fast
- What to expect physically, mentally, and spiritually
- The Holman Christian Standard Bible: John (Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, TN)
- The Bible is God’s inspired word, inerrant in the original manuscripts. It is the only means of knowing God’s plan of salvation, and His will for our lives. It is the only hope and answer for a rebellious, searching world. Bible translation, both a science and an art, is a bridge that brings God’s word from the ancient world to the world today. Depending on God to accomplish this task, Holman Bible Publishers presents the Holman Christian Standard Bible, a new English translation of God’s word.
- The Goals of this Translation
- To provide English-speaking people across the world with an accurate, readable Bible in contemporary English
- To Equip serious Bible students with an accurate translation for personal study, private devotions, and memorization
- To give those who love God’s word a text that is easy to read, visually attractive on the page, and appealing when heard
- To affirm the authority of the Scriptures as God’s inerrant word and to champion its absolutes against social or cultural agendas that would compromise its accuracy
- Bioinformatics – A Practical Guide to the Analysis of Genes and Proteins (Edited by Andreas D. Baxevanis and B.F. Francis Ouellette)
- Equipping biologists with the modern tools necessary to solve practical problems in sequence data analysis, the Second Edition covers the broad spectrum of topics in bioinformatics, ranging from Internet concepts to predictive algorithms used on sequence, structure, and expression data. With chapters written by experts in the field, this up-to-date reference thoroughly covers vital concepts and is appropriate for both the novice and the experienced practitioner. Written in clear, simple language, the book is accessible to users without an advance mathematical or computer science background.
- Performance Evaluation – Proven Approaches for Improving Program and Organizational Performance Research Methods for the Social Sciences (Ingrid J. Lopez-Guerra)
- Performance Evaluation is a hands-on text for practitioners, researchers, educators, and students in how to use scientifically-based evaluations that are both rigorous and flexible. Author Ingrid Guerra-Lopez, and internationally-known evaluation expert, introduces the foundations of evaluation and presents the most applicable models for the performance improvement field. Her book offers a wide variety of tools and techniques that have proven successful and is organized to illustrate evaluation in the context of continual performance evaluation.